A huge THANK YOU to Roland Clark for nominating me for this award! Hopefully he has remembered that he decided upon choosing my blog in May of this year. Many health issues have interfered with my blogging, causing me to fall way behind. But I gave my word back in May when I accepted this award and challenge. These days you may not be able to count on me to do things in a timely fashion, but I am a woman of my word! And at least it’s still 2016 like the award shows, right?
You can find Roland’s blog at RolandClark.com. Click on over and visit, and while you are there consider subscribing to his awesome blog!
Wishing you well Roland with all your endeavors!
Rules of the Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you chose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster Award in which you:
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog in your post.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. [Some claim that this is a flexible rule, so I’m ignoring it. In fact, I don’t qualify. 😉 ]
Create a new list of questions for the nominees to answer
List these rules in your post (copy and paste from here). Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
My 11 questions that Roland asked me to answer:
Do you have goals for your blog? What are they?
When I first launched this blog the only goal that I had was to get at least one follower. I figured think small so I wouldn’t get disappointed : )
The most important goal that I have now is to somehow get on a regular posting schedule, but it’s hard to do when you deal with medical issues. I have so much admiration for those bloggers who are able to keep the blog posts coming on a regular basis, despite their own health issues
Do you have a blogging schedule?
I used to be so organized with everything. Not so much now. Last week I actually made up a blogging schedule for myself. I do believe that when you are organized you can accomplish so much more.
I can hardly resist a blogging challenge. Do you participate in many?
I love, love, love the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge. Last year I actually made it through with a broken right elbow (I am right handed) so that was a challenge in itself. It was a struggle for me this year, but once again I was able to complete it on time! I have participated in this challenge for three years in a row.
I also like the challenges of nominations, such as this one. Gives me a chance to talk about myself : )
What is your favourite way to interact with other bloggers?
It’s really hectic being a blogger and there often isn’t enough time to interact with other bloggers the way I am sure we all wish we could. I guess I would have to answer this question with blog post comment sections, either mine or theirs.
What is your own personal favourite of your own blog posts, and why?
This is a really awesome question to ask a blogger! I have a lot of fun working on my Musical Monday posts. But I am a BIG awareness person. So I am going to choose The Heartbreak of Pediatric Cancer
As for why, because causes such as these really pluck at my heartstrings.
What kind of blogs do you like to read the most?
I read a variety of blogs, all of good taste, if you know what I mean : ) But human interest stories are my favorite.
Where would you most like to visit?
I don’t even have to think twice….Chesapeake, Virginia where all my 11 grandchildren are, some of which I have never met : (
If you could have any kind of pet, what would it be?
If only I could catch a darn Pokemon……
If you could choose to live in another time, when would you choose?
The Roaring 20’s
Would you change your chosen career path?
I honestly still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up : )
Do you have a favourite book that you re-read?
Flowers In The Attic Series by V.C. Anderson. I read them when they first came out and actually bought them a few years ago to read again on my Kindle.
11 Random Things About Myself:
1. I am an adult orphan. I lost my dad in 1995 and my mom in 2011.
2. I kept my married name after the divorce because my son who was 7 at the time told me if we didn’t have the same last name I wouldn’t be his mom anymore (It’s changed now).
3. I am no match for devious people.
4. I am still grieving over the loss of my soap operas, All My Children & One Life To Live : (
5. I have an issue with commas, I don’t seem to use them properly (as told to me by a writing instructor)….oh well!
6. There are 13 years between my oldest and youngest child.
7. There are 24 years between myself, who is the oldest, and my youngest sibling.
8. My favorite flavor is raspberry.
9. I love challenging myself using coupons to buy things for next to nothing, if not free : )
10. I very rarely kill a bug in my house. I usually trap and release outside.
11. When I was 17, my grandmother appeared to me in what seemed like a dream, but it felt very real. She told me she was sorry, as she had done something that hurt me emotionally before she died.
My nominees for the Liebster Award are (Please note that you do not have to participate):
Questions to be answered by nominees
1. What inspired the name of your blog?
2. How long does it usually take you to write a blog post?
3. Can you write anytime or do you need to be in the mood?
4. What Social Media platforms do you use to promote your blog posts?
5. What punctuation mark best describes you? Why?
6. Do you have more than one blog? If so, please list below.
7. Do you see the glass as half full or half empty?
8. If there were no Internet, would you still be writing?
9. When was the last time you wrote a handwritten letter?
10. Do you use a desk top or a lap top when you are working on your blog?
11. Have you ever met in person a blogger that you are following?
Don’t forget to add your 11 random facts about yourself : )