It is with great honor that I accept The Liebster Award. Thank you to Sandra for nominating me. It is very much appreciated! You can find her awesome blog here at
The Liebster Award is not an actual award but more a chain blog that bloggers pass around to each other. It’s for fun! And who knows, you may pick up a new follower or two : )
With this award come tasks that have to be done. I must share 11 random facts about myself, there are questions for me to answer, a list of my nominees, and questions that I want to ask those nominees. So here goes….
Sharing 11 random facts about me:
1. I am happiest when I am single.
2. I love the smell of gasoline.
3. I have never smoked pot or taken any other recreational drug.
4. I have a cat named Rabbit.
5. My great-grandparents were both deaf mutes.
6. I have friends that go back almost 40 years.
7. I have been a Parent Aide for New Hope (a place that helps abused women).
8. My favorite color is green.
9. I once cooked broccoli by cutting off the tops and cooking the stems (hey, I didn’t know..lol).
10. I went to the store a few weeks ago with my shirt on backwards (noticed it while I was shopping. Good thing there was a restroom).
11. I am seriously thinking of going back to college to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in Creative Writing.
Questions asked by Sandra for me to answer
1. Tell us something that you honor about yourself.
My character is what I honor about myself. Anyone who truly knows me will agree that I am honest, never deceitful, and trustworthy. I treat all living things with respect. I am very fair. I am kind and compassionate and help those in need when I can. I respect authority. I like the person I am!
2. Your family
I honor the way that my family is always there to help each other. They also offer unconditional love.
3. Your home
I honor the comfortable feeling my home gives. Within its walls are the feelings of peacefulness, safety, and love.
4. Your community
I honor the way my community will pull together in times of crisis. My community is always helping those who are in need.
5. Your country
I honor my country for the freedom that it offers. I honor those who make this possible by serving in the US military.
6. What brought you to the world of writing?
I come from a long line of writers so I have always been exposed to the art of writing. I like expressing my feelings through the written word.
7. What keeps you writing?
I love writing!
8. What enlivens you?
Nothing lifts my spirits more than time spent with children and grandchildren.
9. How and where do you engage with nature?
I am lucky as I have a backyard that is filled with nature. I have a large yard that goes into woods. I am only a window away from plants and trees, butterflies and bees, and animals such as deer, turkeys, birds, fox, rabbits and nasty snakes…lol
10. Do you feel connected to a particular place?
I think the one place I feel most connected to is Massachusetts. It is where I was born and raised. It is home.
11. And/or do you feel that you write out of this place?
Not exactly sure what this means.
Nominees for The Liebster Award are:
Questions for these nominees are:
1. My biggest pet peeve is…..
2. What punctuation mark best describes your personality? Why?
3. Is the glass half empty or half full?
4. If you were blind for the rest of your life what would you miss seeing the most?
5. If you could have one super power what would it be? Why?
6. When did you last write a handwritten letter?
7. If you could mix 3 animals together, which ones would you choose to make the ultimate animal?
8. If you were given 3 wishes what would you wish for?
9. If you could have picked your first name what would it have been?
10. What are your goals in life?
11. How has the Internet affected your life?
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
More Blog Awards Of Mine
Versatile Bloggers Award
Another Versatile Bloggers Award